Last Updated: 04/01/2024
Built and owned by MoneySmart Financial Pte Ltd, Bubblegum operates both on a website and mobile app. It provides users with information on insurance, policy management capabilities, and a fuss-free insurance application process. Bubblegum was formed as a brand under MoneySmart Financial, in line with MoneySmart’s vision to be everyone’s trusted personal financial coach, achieved through making complex financial jargons easy to understand, and equipping users with financial knowledge in order for them to make smarter financial decisions.
The MoneySmart Group companies (“MoneySmart”) include Catapult Ventures Pte Ltd, MoneySmart Singapore Pte Ltd, MoneySmart Financial Pte Ltd, MoneySmart Hong Kong Ltd, MoneySmart HK Financial Ltd, and their respective websites in Singapore (https://moneysmart.sg and https://www.bubblegum.co) and Hong Kong (https://moneysmart.hk).
A third-party provider, hereby referred to as “Providers”, is the bank, financial institution, insurer, underwriting party, loan provider, etc, where applicable, that provides the products, services, and policies to customers.
A “User” is deemed to be a Bubblegum member once he/she has successfully registered with Bubblegum and/or MoneySmart Group and has an active account. The User does not need to have an active insurance policy with Bubblegum to be considered a Bubblegum member.
“Products” refer to the financial products displayed on Bubblegum such as travel insurance, car insurance, personal accident insurance, etc.
Method of access: Users can access Bubblegum’s website and mobile app with their devices, such as desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile phones, etc.
The medium of transaction: For products that require payment on Bubblegum, users can pay using credit or debit cards. Bubblegum can extend to other payment methods as it deems necessary.
2. Governing Law
Any relationship or contract between MoneySmart and its users in Singapore is governed by the prevailing Singapore law. Any relationship or contract between MoneySmart and its users in Hong Kong is governed by the prevailing Hong Kong law.
If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you are not authorised to access or use the Websites and you are to cease accessing or otherwise using the Websites.
MoneySmart is paid a commission by insurance companies for the insurance products sold. All effort is taken to derive the most accurate quote and premium calculations.
All copyrights are held by Catapult Ventures Pte. Ltd., any attempts to copy or reproduce any portion of this site (including information, styles, graphics, scripts) in part or in whole is protected by the copyright law. Anyone found in violation will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
All the prices stated on MoneySmart Singapore website (https//moneysmart.sg and https://www.bubblegum.co) are in Singapore Dollars (SGD) unless otherwise stated. All the prices stated on MoneySmart Hong Kong website (https://moneysmart.hk) are in Hong Kong Dollars (HKD) unless otherwise stated.
Exclusions of Liability
MoneySmart excludes all liability in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, for any direct or indirect economic losses or damages suffered from the use of this website/app.
Purchases directly on MoneySmart
For certain products that have the payment to be hosted on MoneySmart, users can pay directly to MoneySmart to purchase the product. MoneySmart will inform the Providers so that the Providers can fulfill the purchase, for example, Providers generate a travel insurance policy and send it to users’ email addresses. MoneySmart reserves the right to have this payment step hosted either on MoneySmart or the Providers’ site and can change without prior notice.
Policy for cancellation/refund of purchases on MoneySmart:
These cases below are applicable for purchases in which users paid for their products on MoneySmart and not on the Providers’ site.
In any case that there is a valid reason that leads to the need to cancel the insurance policy, for example, cancellation of travel plans before the coverage start date, or reducing the tier of their plans (e.g. from Elite plan to Basic plan), customer can follow these steps to rescind:
- Customer requests MoneySmart for the cancellation of the purchase.
- MoneySmart, upon further checking with the provider and at MoneySmart’s full discretion, decides whether the request is eligible for a refund.
- The Provider will advise MoneySmart of a minimum amount of premium or administrative fee retained by the Provider as per purchase condition.
- If the request is eligible, MoneySmart will proceed to refund the balance, which is the total original purchase minus the minimum amount of premium mentioned above.
- Customer will receive the balance via the same payment method that he or she used to purchase the product. Note that the actual amount received might be less, as some banks or credit card providers might charge a fee when a customer receives this refund.
In any case that there is a valid reason that needs a change in the policy generated, for example, the wrong date of birth or postal code, or extends the end date of coverage, etc, the customer can follow these steps to ask for an update in the policy:
- Customer contacts MoneySmart and requests the details to be changed.
- If the request contains an extra payment and administrative fee (for example, in the case of extending the end date of coverage), MoneySmart will send a payment link with the payable amount to the customer's email.
- Customer pays the exact amount in the received link.
- Upon confirmation of payment received, MoneySmart will liaise with the Provider to generate the new policy and send it to the customer.
Now that we’re done with the formalities, thank you for using Bubblegum and we hope you find it useful!